FLC welcomes guest bloggers to discuss anything related to adult and family literacy. Content can range from tutor tips, volunteer info, lesson plans, literacy event summaries, training reflections, great stories, promising practices, etc…
To be a guest blogger, simply email your contact information and a synopsis of your blog post to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to put “Guest Blogger” in the subject line.
Interested in contributing to adult and family literacy in Florida?
There are a plethora of ways YOU can help support FLC and make a difference in the lives of Floridians with low literacy!
- TALK ABOUT LITERACY! 1 in 5 Floridians is functionally illiterate and struggles with many of the day-to-day tasks we take for granted like reading the mail, applying for a job and reading to our children. Anyone can get access to free (or low-cost) literacy services in their area by calling 1-800-237-5113.
- Submit an article (or press release) about literacy for one of FLC’s newsletters. Articles should be related to adult and family literacy – programmatic anecdotes, fundraising ideas, volunteer trends, local literacy award recipients, new program initiatives, etc… Articles can be emailed to FLC at email@example.com. Make sure to put “newsletter article” in the subject line. Corresponding photos are welcome.
- Pass along literacy resources to FLC’s 300+ literacy programs via discussion lists. Join today! Simply email your resource to designated email address and upon review, it will be distributed to subscribers.
- Relay job opportunities in literacy to FLC. Simply email the job description (or a hyperlink to the job description) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to put “job opportunity” in the subject line. FLC will then post it online.
- Send literacy event information to FLC to be added to our statewide calendar. Events can include Literacy Month events, volunteer tutor trainings, fundraisers, etc… Email all event imperatives (who, what, when, where, why, how) to email@example.com. Make sure to put “calendar item” in the subject line.
- Volunteer as a literacy tutor with a literacy program in your area. Volunteer tutors must be willing to dedicate 2-3 hours per week for 6+ months to the program. Training is provided. Contact the literacy program for additional volunteer information.
- Become a member of FLC! Individual and organizational memberships are available. Membership fees are tax-deductible and benefits include receiving FLC’s print and electronic newsletters & discounted registration fees to FLC’s annual Florida Literacy Conference.
- LIKE us on Facebook – www.Facebook.com/FloridaLiteracyCoalition - and start a discussion. Share a resource, success story, ask a question, talk about an upcoming literacy event, etc…
- FOLLOW us on Twitter – www.Twitter.com/FloridaLiteracy. Search our profile for literacy resources, lesson plans, news and to find out what other literacy organizations are doing around the globe.
- Make a donation to FLC. Any amount, small or large, goes a long way to support Florida-based adult and family literacy programs.
Whether you contribute in one way or many ways, together we will improve literacy in Florida.
“Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” ~Vince Lombardi