It’s the holiday season and while in the giving spirit, make sure you give credit where credit is due! Submit nominations today for the 2011 State Literacy Awards - recognize those who have excelled and greatly impacted the literacy community this year. This is the perfect opportunity to show appreciation for those who have truly shown passion and exemplary efforts in support of literacy.
The annual awards banquet is one of the most exciting events at the annual Florida Literacy Conference, honoring those special individuals and organizations that stand out and make a difference. So what are you waiting for?! Make others feel great about their contributions and in return you’ll feel great, too, for acknowledging them.
Check out the 5 different award categories:
- Do you know of a leader who supports literacy with the highest efforts and exemplifies strong leadership? Nominate them for the Mary J. Brogan award!
- The Flight for Freedom award is designated for an adult student who’s really worked hard and shown vast amounts of improvement in literacy and leadership skills! This award is for the student who really tries their best, is eager to learn and consistently improve their abilities.
- A truly motivated and committed tutor is vital to the deliverance of literacy skills and these hard workers deserve some recognition! The Outstanding Literacy Volunteer award stands to recognize that volunteer who invests their time in others and have really stood out in the community!
- The Excellence in Education Award recognizes that organization that really puts in their best efforts into supporting adult and family literacy! This award goes out to the organization that demonstrates innovation and exceptional organizational structure in their labors to improve literacy.
- Lastly, nominate the business organization that has made contributions in support of your literacy program. This organization may have served as a sponsor, made donations, provided volunteer tutors and more! Outstanding Business Partners are essential to the success of literacy progression.
The nomination form is easy to complete and there is no limit on the number of nominations any one organization can submit! The deadline to submit nominations is Tuesday, March 1, 2011!