Join us for the 2013 Florida Health Literacy Summit. This one-day event will provide a forum for educators, health professionals, and other interested stakeholders to engage in a dialog and share information and resources on how to effectively serve adults and families with low health literacy.
Topics covered will include:
- Creating Plain Language Health Materials
- The Teach-back Method for Effective Patient Communications
- The High Cost of Low Health Literacy
- The Health Literacy Universal Precautions Tool-kit
- The Florida Health Literacy Initiative
- Building Health Literate Organizations
- The Implications of Health Literacy on Health Policy
$15 (includes lunch and parking)
Morgridge International Reading Center
University of Central Florida
4000 Central Florida Blvd. Bldg 122
Orlando, FL 32816
Date & Time:
July 26, 2013 • 9am – 3:30pm
|This event is made possible through the generous support of|
Health Literacy Summit Partners
|Florida Nurses Association
Tampa Bay Community Cancer Network (TBCCN)
Florida Department of Health-Hillsborough County
Suwannee River Area Health
|Education Center, Inc.
Florida AHEC Network
Florida Public Health Association, Inc.
Florida State College at Jacksonville
West Area Adult School
Check back to this website in June for additional details on the Summit.
If you have questions, please contact Camille Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 407-246-7110.