With the 29th annual Florida Literacy Conference just around the corner, we’d like to round off our pre-Conference blogs with a Live-streaming schedule for those of you at home. This year FLC will be live-streaming some sessions onto both FLC’s Google+ Page and its YouTube channel via Google+’s Hangout on Air feature.
Unfortunately viewers of the live-stream will only view some of the larger conference sessions, but we encourage you to check these out. They will be informative, enjoyable, and even inspirational. If you’d like to view a session that will be live-streamed, please follow the instructions below:
- First, create a Google+ profile or a YouTube account so that you may access FLC’s live-stream. Signing up for either is free. Please visit this link to sign up for Google+ if you already have a Google account, such as Gmail or YouTube, or click here to create a Google account.
- Once you sign up, be sure to add the Florida Literacy Coalition’s Google+ Page to one of your Circles or subscribe to the fliteracy YouTube channel. Adding a person or page to a Google+ Circle is the equivalent of a Facebook friend.
- Lastly, at the time of the session which you’d like to attend virtually, visit FLC’s Google+ or YouTube and click the play button on the Hangout on Air video. You’ll begin to start viewing the event live!
2013 Florida Literacy Conference Live-Streaming Schedule
Wednesday, May 8:
- 9:30-11:00 a.m.- Opening General Session
Thursday, May 9:
- 3:15-4:30 p.m.-Exploring Social Media with FLC
- 6:30-8:30 p.m.-Florida Literacy Awards Banquet
Friday, May 10:
- 11:30a.m.-1:00p.m.-Closing General Session & Luncheon